SciLor's Open Source Forums

Also visit my Website!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:14 am 
Dear SciLor: A year ago I was looking for a way to save Grooveshark music. Your downloader seemed ideal but it kept crashing and generating error messages on both an XP and a Win2000 machine. Suggestions in the forum did not solve the problem and I finally gave up. Over the past year I have tried several other software recommended for this purpose; both free and ridiculously overpriced. But they all fall in the same category: basically being capture programs, saving whatever was playing through the PC audio. This made them all slow and primitive (tittles have to be typed in manually, individually) and I gave up in frustration.

Today I got around to trying your latest version and it works like magic on the same computers that would not run the earlier version. Thank you! THANK YOU! I am so happy. Now for two quick points:
1. What is fair is fair. I am off to follow your "DONATE" link and hold up my end of the bargain.
2. Two minor addition requests for a future release: a) A few counters. One that would always indicate the total number in the download window and another indicating how many remain to be downloaded. And b) an easy way to create subfolders for the files being downloaded right from the download screen. For instance, if the root folder for all my music is "My Music", I would like to be able to quickly create a subfolder in "My Music" called "Beatles-5" for some new Beatles songs I will be downloading. And right after I might want to download some sarcasm from the Capitol Steps in a subfolder I might call "CapitolSteps1". Just some food for thought.

Thanks again!

The Adswinger

Donated: Ad Posts