SciLor's Open Source Forums
http://forum.scilor.com/

Some Songs Not Working
http://forum.scilor.com/viewtopic.php?f=144&t=179
Page 1 of 1

Author:  2 Bunny [ Sun May 09, 2010 8:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Some Songs Not Working

Hey guys and people of the forum. I am 2 Bunny and this is my debut post here. Normally I don't make my introduction posts in a "BugSpot" forum, but it seemed like an appropriate place to start. I would like to thank Mr. Scilor first of all for helping the community by making such a handy tool to use GrooveShark on Windows Mobile. For some reason, the official GrooveShark internet website wants you to pay for the already provided free service, making this a handu addition to the community.

Unfortunately, I managed to spot a bug. That is that sometimes, certain songs just simply refuse to play for no apparant reason. What makes it strange and weird rhough is that the same songs that do actually work, always work, and the fail ones always fail, and It almost seems like there is some kind of a size threshold for the music.

Has the author or any other members of the community found this on their devices? I am using the Pegasus custom ROM with Windows Mobile 6.1 on an HTC Touch Diamond (the CDMSA version). Keep up the good work though; if you fix this, GrooveFish will be 99 percent complete (still no download for offline play featurw), so be sure to look into it a bit.

Thanks!

- 2 Bunny

Author:  SciLor [ Sun May 09, 2010 8:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Some Songs Not Working

Thank you for your message!

This bug is not as weird as you think. It is a simple memory problem. If you are low on memory or you want to play a big song (Just check the debug log for its size).
Anyway thank you for posting it here, even if it is already known. Try to ensure that as much RAM is available as possible to decrease this bug. I may fix it one day if I find enough time to code a workaround!

In the near future I will release a grooveshark(tm).com downloader for windows mobile :)

SciLor
PS:
The software's name is "SciLor's GrooveMobile" it is just based on Groovefish!

Author:  2 Bunny [ Thu May 13, 2010 10:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Some Songs Not Working

SciLor wrote:
Thank you for your message!

This bug is not as weird as you think. It is a simple memory problem. If you are low on memory or you want to play a big song (Just check the debug log for its size).


And that's the thing - I am not low at all. I've got well over one hundred megabytes free at any given moment.

SciLor wrote:
Anyway thank you for posting it here, even if it is already known. Try to ensure that as much RAM is available as possible to decrease this bug. I may fix it one day if I find enough time to code a workaround!


All right. Sounds cool.

SciLor wrote:

In the near future I will release a grooveshark(tm).com downloader for windows mobile :)

SciLor
PS:
The software's name is "SciLor's GrooveMobile" it is just based on Groovefish!


Yep. The ROM I used came with it, but it was an older version. An Internet search for it landed me here. I looked for a grooveshark app for quite a while before, but to no avail. The thread (at xda developers) linked me to here, and I was like "oh, that looks handy".

I saw your downloader though, that works great so far. :D

Thanks for all your help.

- 2 Bunny

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/