SciLor's Open Source Forums

Also visit my Website!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:47 am 
The Developer

Donated:
It was the first hot day and my Seagate Baracuda 500GB got weird. Half a year ago it was broken due to the Firmware bug. I sent it in and it came back working.
Since then my computer got a bluescreen once a while. The only thing you could see, that my Sidebar showed a temperature for my Baracuda that was weird. It was over 27.000 Degree Celcius.

The day before yesterday all began.... I got the bluescreen, tried to turn it on again, and voila, "Unknown Hard Error". I tried to backup my data with True Image and Ghost, no chance, after a while I got read errors :(. I managed getting my Documents/Source Codes/Email to my Laptop coping the files at a limited speed. And it worked. So I tried to search for an option to backup my data slowly. Even True Image has that option, it seems to be not effective :(.

(After a while you get read errors and it doesn't exist in the BIOS anymore, Plugin in/out the power is needed)

This morning I read about broken hdd, that were making a weird sound, get running again by cooling them. This gave me the idea, it was the first hot day here.... I came to the conclusing that I will take a thermal pack (A big one :D) and put it onto my Seagate. Since half an hours it seems to work very very fine :)

Photo in the next post!
viewtopic.php?f=163&t=169&p=430#p430

UPDATE:
Ok, my Data Partition is rescued, but now I think Ghost managed it to delete my partition of another hdd, also much data..., it also tried to kill my 1,5TB WD with my just backuped data..., Last time I used it, I will change to True Image

UPDATE v2:
Norton Ghost 12/15 really killed my data partition. It somehow changed a value of the hdd of the sectors/cylinders or something similar from 255 to 240. I changed it back and how wonderful it seems to work again :) Testdisk rulez!

Like my work? Donate!

My Programs:
grooveshark™.com Downloader, GrooveMobile, Fuel Blaster, Chameleon TicTacToe, QuickTap, WiMoBlue, Driving Licence Trainer, CodeSnippetViewer, Gesture Launcher, Fahrplanauskunft, GSensor Control

The Adswinger

Donated: Ad Posts

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:48 am 
The Developer

Donated:
Photo:

Like my work? Donate!

My Programs:
grooveshark™.com Downloader, GrooveMobile, Fuel Blaster, Chameleon TicTacToe, QuickTap, WiMoBlue, Driving Licence Trainer, CodeSnippetViewer, Gesture Launcher, Fahrplanauskunft, GSensor Control