SciLor's Open Source Forums

Also visit my Website!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:09 pm 
Hey SciLor,
Nice app, I hope this will play full songs one day and not only the first 5 seconds.
Could you possibly release the source? I'm new to android-programming and I wanted to code a similar app somewhere in the future but since you did it now it would be a great opportunity to learn something...

The Adswinger

Donated: Ad Posts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:33 pm 
The Developer

Donated:
It should play full songs :-/.

I am sorry to say that I won't release the source due to its just a concept. If you interested in the grooveshark(tm) api take a look into the java version of the grooveshark(tm).com downloader. It contains the source of the downloader in java.

Like my work? Donate!

My Programs:
grooveshark™.com Downloader, GrooveMobile, Fuel Blaster, Chameleon TicTacToe, QuickTap, WiMoBlue, Driving Licence Trainer, CodeSnippetViewer, Gesture Launcher, Fahrplanauskunft, GSensor Control

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:06 pm 
Alright thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:12 pm 
Hi SciLor,

just downloaded GrooveMobile for android, love it so far, only thing missing is the custom radio from my current playlist and support for my bluetooth headset buttons to skip songs without taking my phone out of my pocket every time.

As the app is released by now I'd like to know if you are going to share the code. In case this will ever be an "open-source" program I'd love to contribute and add the functionality myself. If you like share it on github.

cheers,
rob

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:34 pm 
Hi rob!
I'm the one that has the source-code to GrooveMobile, and that's because i got SciLors permission to re-write the app completely.
I do not intent to release the source-code due to legal-issues the might be the result of GrooveShark finding the code and read it.
Also there is the possibility that Grooveshark blocks the app if they get the source, and that will cause app SciLor's Grooveshark-hacks to stop working.
And we don't want that.

But i'm always listening to the users requests and looking at crash-reports.
I'm trying to make it all happen, but some things is just not possible due to some restrictions in the different Android versions that i have to support.
Right now i'm looking into adding a widget, pre-buffering, notification, share-song function, media buttons (like your BT headset) and some other stuff.
The grooveshark Radio is up to SciLor to look into, but i'm currently trying to list as many radio-station world wide that offers streaming.
I've already written a large library in object-C that converts WMA and more to MP3 so that we can play it with Android stock mediaplayer.