SciLor's Open Source Forums

Also visit my Website!
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 4:55 pm 
Hello. You're claiming your program is open source, and yet, you haven't released any of the source at all, much less all of it. You also are brushing off requests for the source.

I'm not here to attack you, or get at you. In fact, I'm rather surprised at how well it works, even though it has a couple of obvious bugs, and want to learn from the program. Though it's a little tricky when even the UI source isn't available :P I'm just rather confused how you can claim the program is open source, even though it's quite obviously proprietary/closed-source.

The Adswinger

Donated: Ad Posts

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:44 pm 
The Developer

Donated:
The website is called "SciLor's Open Source" because much of the software is open source. Just some things (like my grooveshark(tm) API) I want to keep closed source, due to I put much work into it.
But I wrote a nice API that everybody may use to create their own software on top of my api(Just for personal purposes not for releasing it). If you need any advice in using the dll, just ask.

Like my work? Donate!

My Programs:
grooveshark™.com Downloader, GrooveMobile, Fuel Blaster, Chameleon TicTacToe, QuickTap, WiMoBlue, Driving Licence Trainer, CodeSnippetViewer, Gesture Launcher, Fahrplanauskunft, GSensor Control

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:10 am 
Hello i need to write a program that opens a playlist and then downloads the mp3 from the list can i do that with your api and how? i use vb.net 2008

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:44 am 
I don't think so as you have to use HTTPS for authentication and I think the API only has the HTTPS request built in for getting the communication token but I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:27 pm 
The Developer

Donated:
Getting the playlist is theoreticly possible, but I do not know if I already have implemented that in my dll yet.

Just check the functions in the dll, it is self explaining

Like my work? Donate!

My Programs:
grooveshark™.com Downloader, GrooveMobile, Fuel Blaster, Chameleon TicTacToe, QuickTap, WiMoBlue, Driving Licence Trainer, CodeSnippetViewer, Gesture Launcher, Fahrplanauskunft, GSensor Control

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:14 am 
Hi, are you ever going to release the source of your Grooveshark stuff? I probably couldn't do anything with it as I don't know C#, but it would be nice to learn how you authenticated everything.

Months ago I did something much like this in PHP, but it was limited because I couldn't get through HTTPS, and then they beefed up the search engine and made tokens required for searching as well, and I was totally cut out.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:22 pm 
The Developer

Donated:
I am sorry to say that I will not publish my source of the "Grooveshark stuff", just because there is much work in it ;)

Like my work? Donate!

My Programs: