SciLor's Open Source Forums

Also visit my Website!
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:33 pm 
Hey Scilor thanks for all your great apps!

I've been using "Scilors Grooveshark.com Downloader" ever since the first release and it's now my main application for 'downloading' :o my music.
It just saves me a shitload of work finding music instead of searching torrent sites and p2p applications :D

However I must say your applications ar not always as user-friendly :roll:

So ill just leave a couple of suggestions for you, remember they are suggestions that I think would be good for the application.
I'm not saying you should make your API open-source, that would just allow Grooveshark to patch everything up real quick.

API:
- Multi-threading support, this will allow the application to search and not freeze/be unresponsive while doing so. (use Backgroundworkers and custom eventhandlers for this)
- Multiple downloads at the same time. (like store them in an array or list of some kind in your api for easy access)
- Documentation on how to use your API. (I understood how to use the early versions of your API but I'ts like a frikin' maze to me now)
- Make your API easier to use or add comments to your API's functions. (comments for functions in Visual Studio can be made by pressing the ' button 3 times for VB an pressing the / 3 times in C#)

GUI:
- Make it look pretty =D
- Make at least this part open-source this way the users can enjoy the app and you don't have to worry about them stealing the API code
- Allow to sort the search results by Relevance (default), Name, Artist and Album (I know this is possible :P)
- Allow 'downloading' of an entire album at once (there are many people who just want to download an entire album of their favorite artist)
- You could make a library for all the downloaded music where users can find all of the music they 'downloaded'. (I know every song on Grooveshark has an unique ID number you could use this to make sure that songs that have been downloaded before do not show up in the search results again, just save your library XML-wise)
- Fix the search results box, it's ugly. (sorry but it is -_-)

Anyways I really appreciate your hard work and I'd donate but I don't have PayPal but if you set up a iDeal payment system i'll buy you a coffee ^_^
Hope you make this application even better than it is!

P.S. If you need some help I got lots of experience in .NET VB as well as C# also I have a few friends who could create a new design for you :P

Greetz,
~ Jon

The Adswinger

Donated: Ad Posts

Post subject: Doing some work
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:49 pm 
I've been working on some kind of list to display the search results from your API and this is what I made:

Picture:
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/7358 ... shotnw.png

It's made in WPF using XAML code like so:
<ListBox Margin="12,170,10,0" Name="SearchResultsListBox" VerticalAlignment="Top" Height="279">

<ListBoxItem Background="#FFEEEEEE">
<StackPanel>
<TextBlock Text="Cupid's Chokehold (feat. Patrick Stump)" FontSize="16" FontWeight="Bold" Margin="5,5,0,0"></TextBlock>
<TextBlock Text="from The Papercut Chronicles by Gym Class Heroes" Margin="5,0,0,0" FontSize="14" Foreground="DarkGray"></TextBlock>
</StackPanel>
</ListBoxItem>

<ListBoxItem>
<StackPanel>
<TextBlock Text="21 Guns" FontSize="16" FontWeight="Bold" Margin="5,5,0,0"></TextBlock>
<TextBlock Text="from 21st Century Breakdown by Greenday" Margin="5,0,0,0" FontSize="14" Foreground="DarkGray"></TextBlock>
</StackPanel>
</ListBoxItem>

<ListBoxItem Background="#FFEEEEEE">
<StackPanel>
<TextBlock Text="Around the World (radio edit)" FontSize="16" FontWeight="Bold" Margin="5,5,0,0"></TextBlock>
<TextBlock Text="from Around the World by Daft Punk" Margin="5,0,0,0" FontSize="14" Foreground="DarkGray"></TextBlock>
</StackPanel>
</ListBoxItem>

</ListBox>

Pretty neat and eay to make =D, anyways I was wondering if you could help me with the code to use your API.
ANY help is apreciated.

Keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:26 pm 
The Developer

Donated:
Thank you for your review Rapido3011! I will see what I can offer to you in the next big release.

For using my api just check the forums, I did it a couple of times ;)

Like my work? Donate!

My Programs:
grooveshark™.com Downloader, GrooveMobile, Fuel Blaster, Chameleon TicTacToe, QuickTap, WiMoBlue, Driving Licence Trainer, CodeSnippetViewer, Gesture Launcher, Fahrplanauskunft, GSensor Control