SciLor's Open Source Forums

Also visit my Website!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:44 pm 
Some simple things I'd LOVE to see on the next version of GrooveSharkDownloader:

Group / Shift select - Right now I have to select all or double click every item I want to add to the download queue - it would make my life so much easier to be able to shift click and select a set.
Move items up and down the queue - right now I can only delete them from the queue!
Select by album - right click on a result item to show only results from that same album
Edit the downloads folder - already possible through the config.xml but it would be nice to have it in the UI

Some more complicated features:

Threading - download is very slow, but I know I can run two or three instances of GSD if I copy the folder. Would be great if it could do that in the background and download more than one track at a time!

Really advanced features
Remove Duplicates - I don't know how this would work... I guess find very similar track names?
Organiser - Sometimes I'll download an album and a track will be missing. I know its a bit complicated but it would be cool if GSD could connect to cddb or something and find what tracks are missing from the album, what the track numbers are etc.

Thanks again for an amazing program!

The Adswinger

Donated: Ad Posts

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:48 pm 
The Developer

Donated:
Are you talking about the Windows Mobile version of the downloader?

Like my work? Donate!

My Programs:
grooveshark™.com Downloader, GrooveMobile, Fuel Blaster, Chameleon TicTacToe, QuickTap, WiMoBlue, Driving Licence Trainer, CodeSnippetViewer, Gesture Launcher, Fahrplanauskunft, GSensor Control

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:54 pm 
No, I'm talking about the Windows version!

:)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:11 am 
The Developer

Donated:
You are able to select some entries with shift and right click and select already :)
If you right click a title you may also already search for only that specific album or artist.
You are also able to change the song download location in the settings.

The rest of the ideas are nice, if I find any time and a solution they may find their way into the app one day.

Are you sure you are using "SciLor's grooveshark(tm).com Downloader" and not the "SciLor's GrooveDownloaderWM"? Everything sounds like the WM version that also runs under windows!

Like my work? Donate!

My Programs:
grooveshark™.com Downloader, GrooveMobile, Fuel Blaster, Chameleon TicTacToe, QuickTap, WiMoBlue, Driving Licence Trainer, CodeSnippetViewer, Gesture Launcher, Fahrplanauskunft, GSensor Control

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:48 am 
doh! I didn't even see the downloads thing on the settings screen!

I also didn't know you could right click and select a few. It's a great feature, although from windows conventions I would expect to just be able to tick one, hold down shift and then tick another to select all. Maybe this isn't possible with a VB datatable? (I had a look at the source)

The searching album feature didn't work for me previously, but it's working now!

=)

I guess features to edit the download queue would be nice, right now I can only delete items - would like to move them up or down! And the multithreading thing would be great too.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:39 am 
Hello!
I'm new around here, and probably will not use this too much for several reasons!
I'm at work right now so i cant extend too much!
First... tx for your work! Its reaaly a great one!! For shure I'll help spreading it out!

So, about the topic itself,

As you know, GS lets us to copy a song, or album, artis url.
If you are not thinking about it already, would like to suggest you to put a direct url link,
copy a song url, paste the link into GrooveShark Downloader and hit download! And if possible, put a url batch download!
Simple as that!! ( i know its not so simple, but... ^^)
Anyways.... tx for your attention!

And congrts to your good work!
Be in peace!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 pm 
The Developer

Donated:
Thank you for your ideas, if I find time, you may find them in one of the next releases!

Please open a thread in a fitting forum next time!

Like my work? Donate!

My Programs: