SciLor's Open Source Forums

Also visit my Website!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:15 am 
Hi,
thank you for a great piece of software. I am using version 0.3.9. under Windows XP SP3 on a Dell notebook.
However, 0.4.1.b doesn't work on my system. I did install .net Framework 4.0. When I start the tool, the file 'config.xml' is created, but nothing else happens.

I doublechecked on a Windows 7 system: no problems.
Can you confirm that version 0.4.1.b is designed also to run under XP ?

Thanks, Klaus

The Adswinger

Donated: Ad Posts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:14 am 
The Developer

Donated:
It runs fine in my virtual machine, did you try with admin right? Did you try to delete the DownloadResults.xml if it exists?

PS: At the first start it needed a while in my vm. Did you check the TaskManager processes if a process of my app is existant?

Like my work? Donate!

My Programs:
grooveshark™.com Downloader, GrooveMobile, Fuel Blaster, Chameleon TicTacToe, QuickTap, WiMoBlue, Driving Licence Trainer, CodeSnippetViewer, Gesture Launcher, Fahrplanauskunft, GSensor Control

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:38 am 
I have run this new version fine on XP 64bit SP2. What version of windows are you using? are you getting a error message, if so what is it? What version of windows and networks have you got installed? After i got this info, i can try it out on a VM with the same settings and see what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:01 pm 
I am using Windwos XP SP3.
As said earlier, the older version 0.3.9.b of Grooveshark Downloader was running without problems, even under .net Framework 4.0 (which I installed for 0.4.1.b) this older version is still running.
When I start the Grooveshark Downloader 0.4.1b., however, nothing happens exept the file 'config.xml' is created. No error message, no entry in the Task Manager. Also, no file 'downloadResults.xml' is existing.

Thanks for looking into this.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:06 pm 
The Developer

Donated:
Did you try to redownload my App?

Like my work? Donate!

My Programs:
grooveshark™.com Downloader, GrooveMobile, Fuel Blaster, Chameleon TicTacToe, QuickTap, WiMoBlue, Driving Licence Trainer, CodeSnippetViewer, Gesture Launcher, Fahrplanauskunft, GSensor Control

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:58 pm 
Yes, done.
Unfortunately with the same result.
I also de-installed .net Frameword 4.0 and re-installed it again, yet without success.
What confuses me is that version 3.9.b works without problems ... is there any way to verify/doublecheck that .net Framework 4.0 is installed correctly? This is what the installation says, but who knows ...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:08 pm 
The Developer

Donated:
Please unzip the attached zip and run the 3.5/4.0 versions and give me the results if they are working or not.

If not, what is the problem then.

Attachments:
WPF-Test.zip [13.06 KiB]
Downloaded 379 times

Like my work? Donate!

My Programs:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:27 pm 
Thanks for the test files.
Result:
Both files 'Xaml Skinning.exe' seem to start and work without problems, I can load skins with both files.
Obviously this means that .net Framework 4.0 is installed correctly...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:45 pm 
The Developer

Donated:
Crazy, you may try v0.4.3

Otherwise I am out of ideas :(

Like my work? Donate!

My Programs: